G10 grips are precision machined from the highest quality G10 material available to exacting specifications. G10 is a high-pressure thermoset plastic laminate consisting of multiple layers of woven fiberglass mesh cloth impregnated with an epoxy resin binder. It can be produced with many layers of the same colour, or different colours to achieve a specific cosmetic look. Typical G10 is made of only flat layers. Our G10 grips are designed for a lifetime of use. Each Extreme Series grip is carefully engineered and sized for the ultimate in fit, form and function. The strength pf these materials allow for the thinnest possible grips.
Fits: Ruger GP100 and Super Redhawk
1. Before starting to work, make sure the gun is unloaded. Remove the existing grips.
2. The stirrup is made from spring steel and will spread from pin for removal and instillation. Spread stirrup and take pin out.
3. It is necessary to remove stock grip locating pins or lugs on the following revolvers: Ruger: GP100, SP101, Redhawk, Super Redhawk, Security six and Speed six.
4. Remove grip pin(s) or lug(s) by using hammer and punch, or bench vice and block of wood or other shim.
5. For Blackhawk models use lowest stirrup pin for your frame type. Take screw out of stirrup. If a spacer is included with your grip, insert it between the stirrup and the bottom strap.
6. Mate the gun frame and Monogrip by first placing stirrup and pin(s) into the internal guide grooves.
7. The Monogrip should be guided up behind the trigger guard, then using radial motion, fully seat the frame into your Monogrip it must be fully seated on the frame before inserting mounting screw.
8. Insert mounting screw through the hole on the bottom of the grip. Insert screws so it enters stirrup threads, and using the appropriate screwdriver, tighten screw until snug, no tighter. Over-tightening does nothing to increase grip tightness and can damage the screw and stirrup.
9. Your Monogrip is designed to fit an average size gun frame, however, frame dimensions do vary slightly from gun to gun. If necessary your monogrip can be adjusted by placing small shim(s) of tape on the lower corner of the front strap. Add or subtract tape until grip is flushed with backstrap.
Model: Hogue 80169