Calcutta's Renegade High-Performance coolers are roto-molded for durability and provide extreme ice retention even in the toughest conditions. These coolers have proven to be an essential tool for fishermen, hunters, boaters, tailgaters, campers and backyard party throwers. The oversized drain plug featuring a built-in 100 lumen LED light means no more fumbling through your cooler with a flashlight in your mouth.
Features and Specifications:
How to maximize ice retention:
1. Cool Down Your Cooler: A hot cooler is the #1 culprit to ice melting fast. If the cooler has been sitting in a warm area, or sitting in the hot sun prior to loading, a large portion of the ice you load will be melted getting the cooler "cooled down". We suggest putting a bag of sacrificed ice, or frozen ice packs in the cooler prior to loading to bring the temperature down in the cooler.
2. Avoid Putting Warm Products In The Cooler: Make sure the content you are putting in the cooler have been chilled prior to loading, or at the least room temperature. Putting drinks in a cooler of ice that have been sitting in the truck or your car will melt ice immediately and raise the cooler temperature.
3. Do Not Leave Any Air Pockets: Once you load your "cooled down" cooler with its contents, fill the cooler all the way with ice or even a towel. Air in the cooler is the enemy.
4. Do Not Drain The Cooler: While using the cooler filled with ice and contents, cold water will help insulate any remaining ice. Always keep any exposed food out of the water.
5. Direct Sunlight: Avoid the cooler being in direct sunlight if possible. ice in a cooler kept in the shade will last much longer than one in the sun.
6. Opening The Cooler: This is always a hard one. You put product in the cooler to get to it later. Open and close the cooler to get what you need as quick as possible. Remember air is the enemy, so the longer you leave the lid open looking for something, hot air is remaining inside and melting ice. Be sure to keep the cooler latched closed to keep cold air in the seal out the heat.
Model: Calcutta Outdoors CCTG2-35