Hogue’s line of fancy hardwood handgun grips includes a dazzling array of exotic woods and grains, each one a unique work of art and fine craftsmanship, hand-finished by Hogue to a glowing, smooth polished finish or checkered, according to your preference. Your fancy hardwood grip is a one-of-a-kind, heirloom quality piece of Hogue family history, designed to create a natural connection between you and your favourite firearm.
Hogue's exotic hardwood grips will reward you with improved scores and comfortable shooting for years to come.
Features and Specifications
Original one-piece Monogrip design eliminates side screws and loose shifting panels
Hogue's famous orthopaedic hand fit
Designed to achieve the firearm's optimum finger to trigger reach
Hand-buffed carnauba wax finish - no hard sprayed-on finish to crack or peel off with use
Total packaged weight: 96g
Made from: Rosewood
Fits: Ruger SP101 - Model: SP101 5 Shot Revolver
- 1. Before starting to work, make sure the gun is unloaded. Remove the existing grips.
- 2. The stirrup is made from spring steel and will spread from pin for removal and instillation. Spread stirrup and take pin out.
- 3. It is necessary to remove stock grip locating pins or lugs on the following revolvers: Ruger: GP100, SP101, Redhawk, Super Redhawk, Security six and Speed six.
- 4. Remove grip pin(s) or lug(s) by using hammer and punch, or bench vice and block of wood or other shim.
- 5. For Blackhawk models use lowest stirrup pin for your frame type. Take screw out of stirrup. If a spacer is included with your grip, insert it between the stirrup and the bottom strap.
- 6. Mate the gun frame and Monogrip by first placing stirrup and pin(s) into the internal guide grooves.
- 7. The Monogrip should be guided up behind the trigger guard, then using radial motion, fully seat the frame into your Monogrip it must be fully seated on the frame before inserting mounting screw.
- 8. Insert mounting screw through the hole on the bottom of the grip. Insert screws so it enters stirrup threads, and using the appropriate screwdriver, tighten screw until snug, no tighter. Over-tightening does nothing to increase grip tightness and can damage the screw and stirrup.
- 9. Your Monogrip is designed to fit an average size gun frame, however, frame dimensions do vary slightly from gun to gun. If necessary your monogrip can be adjusted by placing small shim(s) of tape on the lower corner of the front strap. Add or subtract tape until grip is flushed with backstrap.
Model: Hogue 81921