Hogue's revolutionary OverMolded series stocks are made similar to their popular rubber grips. Constructed by moulding a super strong, rigid fiberglass reinforced stock that precisely fits the rifle action. This small "stock" or "skeleton", is then completely OverMolded with the same rubber compound used on Hogue grips. The skeleton or insert, as it is called, chemically as well as mechanically adheres to the rubber resulting in a permanent bond between the rubber and the insert. The super strong insert not only gives the stocks their strength but the precise moulded dimensions provide a perfect drop in fit of your rifle action. OverMolding with rubber is superior in every way and provides the ultimate comfortable, non slip, super smooth attractive finish stock, that is durable and extremely quiet. Hogue stocks incorporate every desirable feature a fine rifle stock should have and by adding unique Hogue touches they have created a much superior and unique stock compared with anything on the market today.
Features and Specifications
- Sleek, straight comb
- Varminter-style forend
- Ambidextrous palm swells
- Cobblestone texture
- Sling studs included
- Stocks come with Hogue's exclusive recoil pad, for the ultimate in recoil reduction
- Ultimate comfort
- Stealthy quiet
- Drop-in installation
- Barrel channel will free float most #2 and #3 taper barrels.
- Stock relieved for bent down or bent down and swept back bolt handles. Straight military bolt handles will also function in stock.
- Floor-plate is cutout for shorter FN floor-plates without lock screw on front tang.
- Floor-plate inlet relieved for push-button style hinging box magazine door.
- Screw hole spacing for floor plate/trigger guard is 7 13/16" center to center
- Total packaged weight: 1200g
- Colour: Black
Fits: Mauser 98 Sporter and Military Actions
- Before starting to work, make sure rife is unloaded!
- Hinge open the floor plate. Identify if your rifle has two or three screws. Remove screws from the trigger guard/magazine area.
- Carefully wiggle and remove the trigger guard and floor plate (these parts may be one piece on some rifles). The action and magazine will now be free from the stock. The action will come straight out the top.
- Reinstall action into your new Hogue stock. The magazine may be inserted into the bottom after the action is in place; make sure it is front-forward. Carefully position the trigger guard and floor plate into the corresponding inlets in the stock. These parts will need to be aligned so that they fit properly together. If they don't immediately fit flush, it may be necessary to position the magazine box with your fingers.
- Reinstall the screws into their appropriate holes. Before tightening the front and rear screws, hinge the floor plate closed, making sure it has proper clearance to operate. You may to exactly position the parts before fully tightening the screws.