All Hogue stocks feature our popular OverMolded Rubber – a durable, comfortable, superior, recoil-taming material that’s impervious to dirt, grime and moisture.
Hogue's revolutionary O.M. Series stocks are constructed so that the action fits rock-solid in a rigid fiberglass reinforced insert (skeleton), assuring accuracy. This insert is completely Overmolded with a soft, but durable, rubber, giving that comfortable resilient feel that Hogue is famous for.
Hogue stocks incorporate every desirable feature a stock should have! And, we have added a few Hogue touches along the way, creating a much superior and unique stock compared with anything else on the market today.
Features and Specifications:
- Sleek two part subassembly design
- Ambidextrous palm swells
- Cobblestone texture
- Sling studs included
- Anti-snag heel butt pad - Modifiable butt pad
- Verminter-style forend
- High cheek weld for optical sights
- Unique bench rest hook for stabilized, accurate long range shooting
- Removable anti-snag heel butt allows for stock to be shortened for shorter desired length of pull
- Comfortable thumb hole design
- Ultimate comfort
- Stealthy quiet
- Drop-in instillation
- Colour: Black
- Weight 2.38 Lb
- Lowest part of comb 1/8" below center line and the highest part (at rear part) 1/8" above center line
- Drop at heel is 1" below center line of barrel
- LOP 14 ¼"
- Butt pad has hard plastic heel to aid in shouldering
- Stock channel measures .909" at receiver and .682" at tip of forend
Fits: Ruger 10-22 Standard Barrel
Your new Takedown stock is designed for "drop in" installation for all factory firearms; although, due to manufacturing variances in firearms, it is possible for a rifle to exist that will require some minor fitting. This should be done by a competent gunsmith. 1. Before starting to work, make sure rifle is unloaded, remove magazine, and check chamber.
Separate the barrel from the receiver:
2. Lock bolt back and verify rifle is unloaded. Push locking lever forward to unlock. Rotate barrel assembly counterclockwise. Remove barrel assembly from receiver (consult the firearm manufacture's assembly instructions for complete instructions regarding barrel disassembly).
Action stock replacement:
3. Remove the single screw from the underside of the stock. Before removing the action, center the safety button halfway between on and off. Then, by grasping the front of the action lift up and forward.
4. Install the action into your new Hogue stock in the reverse order, paying attention to properly seat the "Action Lug" into corresponding recess in the stock. The safety button must also be centered to allow instillation. Reinstall the original screw and tighten firmly.
5. Remove the barrel band(is any) from existing forend section. Remove the single screw from the underside of the forend. Separate barrel from forend.
6. Install new forend on the barrel and reinstall original screw and tighten firmly. The barrel band is not used with the Hogue forend.
7. Follow manufacturer's assembly instructions when combining barrel assembly with receiver.