Hogue rubber grips are moulded from durable synthetic rubber that is neither spongy nor tacky yet provides a soft recoil absorbing feel without affecting accuracy. This modern rubber requires a completely different moulding process than ordinary neoprene resulting in a much superior grip. The flexibility of our materials and moulding process has allowed us to produce rubber grips with features that out perform all other makes.
Hogue's soft rubber grips will reward you with improved scored and comfortable shooting for years to come.
This grip is a two piece that replaces the one piece stock grip. These grips are a straight backstrap design that installs using a mainspring retainer and screws which come with the grip. The mainspring retainer is pinned into position with the pin that holds the stock grip on. The mainspring retainer provides the threaded bosses that the grip panels screw into.
Features and Specifications
Syles with the firearm's natural aesthetics in mind.
Cobblestone texture provides an efficient non-slip, non-irritating stippling pattern.
Moulded from modern durable rubber which is virtually impervious to all oils and solvents found around firearms .
Hogue's automatic pistol grips feel soft and resilient in your hand, yet are moulded with reinforcing inserts which engage directly with the gun frame and grip screws for a rock-solid grip-to-frame fit.
Total packaged weight: 98g
Fits: S&W 3RD GEN FULL SIZE - Model #s: 5903, 5904, 5906, 5944, 5946, 5943, 4006, 4046, 4096, 410, 411, 910, 915, etc.
(Will not fit frame decocker models with a "2" or "7" in third digit such as 5676, 4026 etc.)
1. Remove the magazine and make sure the firearm is unloaded. Read these instructions completely before starting to work.
2. Remove factory grips by first punching out the mainspring pin in rear bottom corner of firearm. Use a drift punch hammer.
3. Next slide and pivot the grips back and then slightly spread apart to completely remove from gun. This will expose the parts shown.
4. Assemble parts. Take screws out of the mainspring retainer.
5. Make sure the firearm is not in cocked mode, position the Hogue mainspring retainer. IMPORTANT! Reinstall the stock mainspring pin using brass or plastic hammer tapping it in lightly. If more then moderate force seems necessary, a small amount of plastic can be filed from the "ridge" on the mainspring retainer. Some interference will be felt from the mainspring cup, this is normal. Center pin in frame.
6. Lay grip panels down one at a time flush with frame. Slide the panel in direction of arrow while applying pressure on the "X" area. This will properly engage the grip panel tabs.
7. Check both grip panels for fit. They should lay down flush and backstrap seam should line up evenly. Once both grip panels are installed properly, check to see if the screw holes are centers over the thread hole in the mainspring retainer. Insert grip screws and tighten. Use the appropriate screwdriver and do not over tighten.
Model: Hogue 40010