This Tamer Shotgun Pistol Grip from Hogue replaces the factory-installed stock of a Mossberg 500, 590, and 835 series shotgun. This places the hand in a more natural position for enhanced shooting comfort, and also reduces the weapon's overall length for additional maneuverability in cramped spaces. It installs easily, and comes with its own bolt. The synthetic rubber overmolded material provides a secure and comfortable grip, and features a textured surface that prevents it from slipping in your hand in wet conditions. On the front of the grip, deep finger grooves provide additional security and control for greater accuracy.
(Tamers/Pistol grips use a short bolt that is included with the Tamer)
Features and Specifications
- Hogue Tamer Pistol Grip Mossberg 500 Rubber Overmold Black.
- Overmoulded with modern durable rubber which is virtually impervious to all oils and solvents found around firearms, providing years of dependable service.
- Orthopaedic hand shape.
- Compound palm swells
- Finger grooves
- Cobblestone texture provides an efficient non-slip, non-irritating stippling pattern.
- Internal tamer recoil cushion dampens painful recoil.
- Designed for use with standard rifle sling.
- Total packaged weight: 225g
- Color: Black
Fits: Mossberg 500, 590, and 835 series shotguns
- Before starting, make sure shotgun is unloaded. Check magazine and chamber.
- Remove original buttstock (Fig. 1). refer to manufacturer's instructions that came with your gun for the best method to remove your stock. Normally the pad is held in place with two phillips screws and the stock in held on by one bolt. Remove the butt pad by unscrewing the phillips screws and remove the stock bolt to free the stock from the shotgun.
- Attach new Tamer grip using the provided bolt and tighten securely (Fig. 2). Remington models require supplied washer be used between the bolt and the grip.
Model: Hogue 05014