This pistol grip and forend kit in OD green from Hogue fits Remington 870 series shotguns, replacing the factory forend and stock using an included short bolt. The pistol grip provides a more natural shooting position for enhanced comfort, and also reduces overall length for additional maneuverability. Its deep finger grooves, palm swell and textured surface provide an extremely secure and controllable grip that won't slip in your hand, even with wet skin or gloves. This additional stability and security promotes more accurate fire for better results in the field. The soft material also helps to reduce recoil impacts.
Features and Specifications
- Hogue Remington 870 Tamer Pistol Grip with Forend OD green
- Overmoulded with modern durable rubber which is virtually impervious to all oils and solvents found around firearms, providing years of dependable service.
- Orthopaedic hand shape
- Compound palm swells
- Finger grooves
- Cobblestone texture provides an efficient non-slip, non-irritating stippling pattern.
- Internal tamer recoil cushion dampens painful recoil.
- Designed for use with standard rifle sling.
- total packaged weight: 435g
- Colour: Olive Drab Green
Fits: Remington 870 (12 Gauge )
(Tamers/Pistol grips use a short bolt that is included with the Tamer)
- Remove original buttstock (Fig. 1). Refer to manufacturer's instructions that came with your gun for best method to remove your stock. Normally the pad is held in place with two phillips screws and the stock is held in by one bolt. Remove the buttstock pad by unscrewing the philips screws and remove the stock bolt to free the stock from the shotgun.
- attach new Tamer grip using the provided bolt and washer and tighten securely (Fig. 2).
Refer to manufacturer's instructions that came with your gun for the best method to remove your forend. Shotguns generally have some type of retaining nut that must be removed to free the barrel and another to free the forend (Fig. 3).
- Remove the barrel retention nut.
- Remove barrel from action.
- Remove forend nut by turning with an appropriate tool.
- Forend will now slide freely off and detach from slide handle.
- Slide Hogue forend back onto slide handle. Reassemble in reverse order, tightening the nut according to the manufacture's recommendations.
Model: Hogue 08115